Sunday, April 28, 2013

What it takes.

What it takes. As of late my friend and myself have gotten into the logo making business. People approaches with their ideas and we tell them if we can or cannot do it. So far we have been able to do them all. It is not that easy as many may think. For those who we have made a logo or stick for it all they get is a polished and finale product what many will never see are the countless papers and sketches that go with making a logo. As artist we are very picky with what we show the world. We see the littlest thing in a painting as a fail. We are scared of what others may say about our craft and gift. Before getting to this point we have spent countless hours drawing our favorite characters, we have been chosen in our younger years to do the posters for our groups, and in our college years we are told that our paintings are not the best. No other than other artist understand the pain you feel when you are told for the first time that our art is not as amazing or breath taking as we thought it was. So what happens with that first heart break you may ask yourself? Well your heart is left out in the cold for you to pick it back up and fix what’s wrong with it. So we spend sleepless hours of wondering how we can make a painting stronger, how can we make a drawing not have the flaws of your last work but be stronger then you peers, here is the point where many will walk away from art and never pick up a brush. Yet there others who accept the challenge and push themselves to archive new heights they never thought possible. All this factors in and it makes so much sense now, when I was going through I did not see what the point of it was. When making a logo for someone I sketch and sketch till I find something that just feels right, when I have the sensation I send it over to my co-pilot, he gives me his opinion on the look and I either fix it or add or take away from the design. This goes on for days till we feel the work is almost ready to be finished we share it with the person who wanted it to be done. By the time I am done with it, I have sketches on top of sketches. Drawings and ideas that no one will ever see, all they will ever see is the final outcome. So this is a inside looks on What it takes.


No comments:

Post a Comment