Sunday, April 28, 2013


I showed up late to class and was told to grab a picture and describe what we see, feel and hear. By the time I got to write the story of this photo. What I do see was a story of how we has humans see what we want to see, it seems to be a picture of Africa during the sun set, with trees in the background a huge pillar take seems to be pointing to the heavens. The sun peaks between two trees that give the illusion of a volcano ready to explode, the life of living where everything is unknown. The clouds make the sun look likes its smoke leaking out the volcano. The life of a new born has been signal by the gods. Letting all the tribes surrounding this area, all the animals make cheerful noises announcing the new coming. Another tribe is hunting a gazelle for the feast they are about to have.

I feel the peace within this picture. Could the story have been completed and answer the questions possibly. As I read the questions I don’t know why I can’t understand them, I keep re-reading them and trying to make sense out of them. I wonder why my dyslexia seems to be taking over as I am getting older; I am acutely getting scared because I feel that things are starting to not make sense. I get stuck, I forget I don’t know why it is happing. I see the stories in my head I can hear and feel the sensations, I can tell you the colors, but when it comes down to writing it down and expressing my thoughts. I don’t want to be this way for the rest of my life, I feel this holds me back a lot, very few understand. I don’t blame them though what do they know about looking at a test and not remembering the information, I am looking at the picture I picked and I cannot seem to find the words to tell the story in the way you want to hear it or read it. I can talk about how it but words… why are words so hard? What is it about them… what says that what I spell out makes me smart? Why is this the way we accept knowledge? When we read a book we are reading words… if we put pictures or paintings we feel it loses its value as a grownups book? Funny how I used grownups because im struggling to find the right word that could say that word in a more sophisticated manner. I want to tell stories be able to hear and see what I see, but I cannot. I accept that but give me a microphone and I will take you to places where you never thought you could go, you will feel my energy and you will know I am in my element. I know I will overcome this and own it one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment